2 yellow peppers (top cut off but saved and seeds and white membrane discarded)
1 cup cooked quinoa (you can find this in the frozen section of most grocery stores)
? cup frozen and chopped spinach (thawed and squeezed of excessive liquid)
1 tsp salt
? tsp black pepper
? tsp minced garlic or ? tsp garlic powders (optional)
1 tbsp chopped parsley (optional)
1 tsp lemon zest (optional)
? cup shredded cheese such as Monterrey Jack
1 cup marinara sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Level off the peppers so that they can stand upright on their own.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients with the exception of the tomato sauce. Split in half and stuff the mixture into both peppers.
- Place the stuffed peppers in an oven proof dish or pan and put 1 cup of water in the bottom of pan. Place the tops on each pepper.
- Bake 25 minutes.
- Serve with warmed tomato sauce.
Serving Size 1 Stuffed Pepper
Serving Per Container 2
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 293||Calories from Fat|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 15.9g|
|Saturated Fat 2.3g|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 3.5g|
|Dietary Fiber g|
|Vitamin A %||Vitamin C %|
|Calcium 65%||Iron 1%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g||80g|
|Saturated Fat||Less than||20g||25g|
|Cholesterol||Less than||300mg||300 mg|
Calories per gram:
Fat 9 • Carbohydrate 4 • Protein 4