12 Cremini or Brown Mushrooms (stems removed and reserved for another use)
1 tbsp Olive Oil
? tsp Sea Salt (Divided)
? tsp Ground Black Pepper (Divided)
? cup Corn Kernels
? cup Grated Parmesan Cheese (Divided)
? cup Thinly Sliced Green Onion (Divided)
2 pieces of Cooked Bacon (Crumbled)
1 tsp Minced Garlic
Late summer and early fall always brings an abundance of sweet corn to the markets. Roast, boil or grill extra ears of this seasonal, healthy vegetable and use the leftovers in egg scrambles, summer salads or this tasty, light and flavorful appetizer.
Mushrooms are packed with nutritional value. They're low in calories and a great source of fiber. They also provide important nutrients, including B vitamins, selenium, potassium, copper, and (particularly when exposed to the sun) vitamin D.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Spread 1 tbsp olive oil onto the bottom of a 8”x11” baking pan.
- Place each mushroom cap upside down and sprinkle with ? tsp sea salt and ? tsp ground black pepper.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining sea salt and pepper, corn, all but 1 tbsp of the green onion, all but 2 tbsp of the Parmesan cheese, bacon, and garlic.
- Divide the mixture into the mushroom caps and lightly press down the mixture when filling them.
- Sprinkle the mushroom caps with the remaining 2 tbsp of Parmesan cheese.
- Place the pan with the mushrooms into the preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with the remaining sliced green onions.
Serving Size 1 cup
Serving Per Container 12
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 53||Calories from Fat|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 3.6g|
|Saturated Fat 1.3g|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 2.3g|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g|
|Vitamin A %||Vitamin C %|
|Calcium 4%||Iron 2%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g||80g|
|Saturated Fat||Less than||20g||25g|
|Cholesterol||Less than||300mg||300 mg|
Calories per gram:
Fat 9 • Carbohydrate 4 • Protein 4